What is PGA.Coach?
- The future of coaching.
- A vehicle directed at the golf industry to help them understand ADM principles and how to apply them at their facilities.
- The ultimate coaching resource app which features tools for lesson planning, notetaking and assessment tools for golfers.
What is ADM (Athletic Development Model)?
A concerted effort between the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and its National Governing Bodies of sport to apply long-term athlete development principles in a way that resonates with the culture of sport in the United States.
How ADM works in golf?
Using ADM which is creating early, positive experiences for all athletes, will keep more players engaged and retained in our sport. Introducing the right aspects of play in a structure that is fun, engaging, and progressively challenging allows golfers of all ages to experience the challenges and joys of our sport.
Proven Success of ADM?
ADM has had proven success with the further development and improvement in participation in programs such as USA Hockey, USA Basketball and USA Lacrosse.
How does PGA.Coach Benefit the PGA Member?
- The ADM Certificate and PGA Coach FREE mobile app will allow PGA and LPGA Professionals to evolve and adapt to the changes in the game and a new generation of players.
- PGA.Coach resources will enable PGA Members to promote their business through our marketing services so they can sell and retain customers at an executive level.
- For PGA Members, specific to each career track the benefits include:
- Teaching & Coaching: Provides PGA Members with tools to better teach and market their services
- Executive Management: Selling and retaining customers. Great coaching will retain those Members.
- Golf Operations: Driving more play. People who play better golf, play more golf! And this comes with an increased spend in all areas of the facility.
Testimonials from WNYPGA Professionals
“PGA.coach changed the way that I approached coaching the game of golf with my students. I was able to utilize the PGA.coach app to track my students’ progress and share the progress with them during the sessions. Lesson plans were recommended and I used a bunch of them with my junior students. It was about time the PGA helped me with a useful tool that I could use on a daily basis!”
Chris, Kulinski, PGA (PGA of America Career Consultant)
“PGA.Coach has had a major influence in my approach to coaching Junior
players and preparing them for the game throughout their life. Kids will
learn more through games than through specific skill instruction. Kids
love to win and through these games, they will learn what they need to
do to win. The drills and games that are available through PGA.Coach
create your Junior Clinics for you. It takes me 5 minutes to layout an
hour long clinic. Do yourself a favor and get your certification, you’ll
be glad you did!”
-Rob Krajewski, PGA (Director of Instruction at Glen Oak GC)
Advantages for PGA.Coach Certified on PGA.com
Over the coming months, we will be launching new consumer and member-focused products on PGA.com including:
PGA Coach Profiles on PGA.com. This new feature will be a consumer-focused, lead-generation opportunity for ADM certified PGA coaches to showcase themselves to millions of monthly visitors to PGA.com and through search engines such as Google.
Coach Business Tools. These tools will be aimed at offering specific features and functionality to help coaches manage the day-to-day and strategic player development side of their business.
B2B Marketplace. Our B2B marketplace is a platform that will bring industry toolsets and PGA Members together. This will include partners for existing companies seeking to grow their business with the PGA, and start-ups that value the distribution and communications opportunities via PGA.com and with our membership.
Get Started Today!
- Go to www.PGA.Coach and sign up for the PGA.Coach training.
- Once you complete your virtual training, you will be given access to the PGA Coach app where you can build lesson plans, promote your business and more.